My husband ‘K’, an ardent supporter and encourager of my blogs, has the innate qualities of a top chef. There hasn't been one dish that he has 'hobbied' with which I did not like. Unfortunately, he is the obligated lab rat who has been at the prestigious end of not being spared for any of my culinary experiments :). This post, ladies and gentlemen, is his contribution to my food blog which starts off on a sweet note.
Rava Kesari is a popular Indian dessert that is made during special occasions. But when it comes to relishing this mouth watering dessert, do not restrict yourself to certain days of the year only.
- Rava-1 cup
- Sugar 1-2 cups
- Water -2 cups
- Handful of raisins and chopped nuts
- Food coloring -1 or 2 pinch
- Ghee (clarified butter) 4-5 tblsp
- Cardamom 3-4
- In a pan heat 3 tblsps of ghee.
- Once hot, add the cardamom, raisins, nuts and saute them until golden brown.
- Now gently add the rava and stir it until it turns light brown.
- Lower the stove flame and add water.
- When the water starts to boil, add sugar in small quantities and ensure you stir after each added portion.
- Add the food coloring and continue to stir gently.
- Once the sugar is melted and mixed well turn off the stove. Rava Kesari is ready.